Monday, 1 October 2012

The trials of drawing



In my own space today, a drawing of my desk. I really like the outcome of this image. Normally I tend to draw really fast so as to capture it with better proportions but I have been slowly pushing myself to draw more detailed things and taking the time to get as much in as possible. Somehow the proportions didn't go out of control... 


I'm sorry this image came out so muddy, I neglected to listen to that little voice in my head that told me this paper was not at all suited to watercolours nor did I listen to it when it suggested I scan the image before applying the colour. Evidently, I struggled with it. It also seems that I do indeed need to draw feet more as these were quite bothersome.
Autumn is definitely here but I still hope for a few more warm days despite the odds... and I wouldn't mind to have that dress... though less muddy please.

No comments:

Post a Comment