Tuesday, 5 February 2013

A poem of Summer

So I've been looking through some of my old stories, trying to gather them together and make some sense out of them. In the process, I found an e-mail I sent myself in 2006 with 4 poems. I clearly remember writing one of them for high school but the other three I'm not so sure about... so I'm assuming I wrote them too for the same high school project. If anyone finds it to be otherwise or that maybe we wrote them together in class or something, let me know.

Here is my favourite of them and which still brings to mind the patch of grass I was thinking of as I was writing:


 Imagery
I’m Dreaming of Summer

I’m thinking of summer,
Of the hot suns rays on my skin;
Burning, sizzling, sweat dispelling;
Its hot, bright light stinging my winter eyes,
My skin tight, tongue parched, dehydrated.

I’m dreaming of summer,
Of lying on the cold, moist grass,
Feeling its tenderness under me;
The soft earth forming to my body,
My nostrils filling with its sweet aroma.

I’m longing for summer,
For the bold, blue of the midday sky
Against the sweetness of the fluff clouds,
White puffs of pure cotton candy
Forming dreams and stories up above.

I’m living in summer,
Living among the buzz of the bees.
The flap, flap of the butterflies,
The chirp sing-along-songs of the birds.
I’m living in summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment