Tuesday, 11 June 2013

A Handsome Card Stand

I haven't been up to very much this week other than struggling with a drawing, a little commission. I'll be more than happy to share it with you all once it has been completed. Meanwhile, here's a look at how to create a stand for all those hand made cards laying about when there is no money with which to acquire one. I don't have specific measurements, I simply winged it. I am lucky enough to have two cats that eat too much and parents that buy massive boxed of food for them. The cardboard boxed were perfect for this little project along with a hot glue gun, a craft knife, and some decorating sticky paper.
A secret hidden compartment 
And the final touches. 
The little sign is made out of a piece of card coated in PVA and sand.

No comments:

Post a Comment